[MPlayer-dev-eng] APlayer - audio only player "heavily" based on mplayer

Dirk noisyb at gmx.net
Tue Nov 12 23:44:50 CET 2002

> Actually I think it will be a good idea to get rid of the -playlist
> option.
> Or keep it as a "force" like option. MPlayer should be able to autodetect
> a playlist given as a filename without the -playlist option.
> Why wasn't it done like this in the first place? If no particular reason,
> would it be ok if I make the change?
>

> Another note, I have seen several people suggestion using mplayer with the
> -nocache option for playing internet radio. I have searched the user
> mailing
> list for such subject but without any success.
> Is there a problem with the cache when use with the network? I always let
> mplayer compute the cache size for me and it always gave me good results.
> (with shoutcast and wma)
>
> Bertrand

well i experienced that -nocache works best.. and -playlist is really
dispensable.. while you're at it.. make sure that playlists could also
be downloaded from urls...

damn.. and so aplayer dies.. i wanted to make a project of it.. with /.
announcements for every damn release.. it's all over now :(

Dirk