[MPlayer-dev-eng] tremor for vorbis decoding?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Nov 12 01:30:25 CET 2002

Hey, I was just looking into adding support for the "tremor"
integer-only vorbis decoder to mplayer, since the current
implementation is so horribly slow. I just started looking at it, but
it seems like tremor mixes the demuxer and decoder into a common
interface, which would be a mess. Has anyone else looked into it at
all to see if it looks feasible to use tremor with mplayer? If it's a
problem in its current form, I'd sorta be inclined to add it to
mplayer cvs and fork it, adding some serious optimizations to make it
perform well...

Rich