[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: color of subtitles

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Tue Nov 5 11:53:59 CET 2002

    Hi, ppl!

    More of subject. It have to be very nice if behavior of OSD can be
changed to handle variable colors, or positions, or sizes. Why? If you
look at SSA (Sub Station Alpha) subtitles format then you can find out
that format has many style rules. These rules are often used by people
to divide subtitle text into groups (for example - original song's text
on italic in top of screen and translated text in bottom of screen) or
make text bigger or smaller (for example - title of movie).
    Unfortunately I don't have any free time to investigate what to do
with OSD so I hope you will do not stop at just color changing. :)

    With best wishes.
    Andrej.