[MPlayer-dev-eng] QDM2 audio playback :)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Nov 2 19:32:39 CET 2002

Hi,

> > > - the whole thing is working only using libwine, our minimal libloader
> > > isn't enough, needs some fixing loader, or ./configure/makefile support
> > > for libwine build
> > > - it requires the win32 DLLs of QT 5 player
>
> Where is qtmlClient.dll it is not installed by the QuickTime-Installer is it ?

it's in QT SDK.

you can get the required dlls from mphq
/MPlayer/samples/drivers32/qtx2/

> PS: What about LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libwine.so; mplayer ...
> I read once, that that was a possible way, but perhaps it was for an older
> version of libwine ...

no, i've asked it on wine list, and this is the only way now :(

actually wine starts, and creates a new process, with specially set
environment, stack, descriptiors etc to be windows-compatible even at
register and mem. address level... then it loads your app to that segment
and starts it. it's a dirty hack, but probably unavoidable for full
compatibility.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team