[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [MPlayer-users] color of subtitles

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Sat Nov 2 18:11:41 CET 2002

?? wrote:

>Hi,
>

>>That's great as I don't know much about spudec. It would be useful to
>>coordinate our work a bit. The approach I am using is just adding
>>another buffer which will contain the palette indices, so we'll have
>>8-bit alpha, luma, and palette. The palette lookups will be done in the
>>osd.c. This means that the other layers don't have to care much about
>>the various colorspaces.
>>

>but planar mode like YUV have different resolution for U,V planes, now MPlayer
>only use Y. If we want to use color subs, we need to scale image for
>different colorspaces, or we can change the structure of subtitle code to
>detect colorspace before scale/generate subtitles.

Actually I have the code almost working, at least for xv, x11 and sdl,
and yv12, yuy2 and rgb. Of course the U&V planes need rescaling but I
think ot can be done in osd_template.c (and I currently do it this way).
The only problem is excessive color bleeding for some colors (esp. blue
and red) in yv12 & yuv, maybe could someone with better knowledge could
have look at this.

Here are my current changes. For testing purposes, the subtitle color
now changes after each letter (it's changed in sub.c::draw_alpha_buf).

--
Jindrich Makovicka