[MPlayer-dev-eng] release... WHEN?

Anders Johansson ajh at watri.uwa.edu.au
Fri Nov 1 02:08:52 CET 2002

Hi,

> Hey, i really don't know what to do...
> release pre10 tomorrow, so ppl angry by pre9's bugs will be happy, and the
> recently added features will be tested, or wait a few more days, while teh
> code stabilizes again and bugs are found&fixed.
>
> Actually people (including me :)) can't stay commiting new features, fixes
> etc, so the code is never stable :)
> and it's ok this way, no one (except the doc team :)) likes code freezee...

I think the code freeze is a very good idea as long as you anounce the
freeze a week or so in advance.

> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

//Anders

Anders Johansson   Room G09B      WATRI University of          .-_|\
Visiting  Research Associate      Western Australia           /     \
telephone:   +61 8 9380 8125      39 Stirling Highway         P_.-._/
e-mail: ajh at watri.uwa.edu.au      Crawley WA 6009                  o