[MPlayer-dev-eng] life after the 0.90 release...

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon May 27 18:50:56 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > 2. cleanup libvo  [Pontscho, ???]
> >
> > - we should finally review query_format() answers, most of the drivers sti
> ll
> > don't set flags they should
> > - all vo drivers should follow the libvo.txt api std, especially allowing
> > zero, 1 or more than one calls to config() between init/uninit.
> these should be done immediately - before the release
yes, but the new libvo draft is out for 2 months, and no one driver fully
supports it now. if we want to delay the release it will be delayed years...

> > - add mpi (draw_image) support to main vo drivers, remove old
> > draw_slice/draw_frame
> > - remove redundant code from vo drivers, like osd (only where the same
> > functionality can be reached using -vop expand), sw scaler etc.
> also checking the VFCAP_OSD flag should be added, and if it's not
> present, than automatic add -vop expand. It's a bit annoying to add
yes. but it requires query_format() to be updated for EVERY vo

> -vop expand every time to commandline (or config) becouse of developers
> don't want to duplicate code (i don't want it too ;)
i know
same for sw scaling

> > 3. move audio encoders & filters to libmpcodecs [al3x, Anders, me]
> i'm working on libao2 now
>
> audio encoders? are they still in mencoder?
yes :(
we should do teh same for audio filters/encoders than done for vo
filters/encoders now.

> > 4. demuxer api changes, transfer demuxer modules to plugins [me, albeu?]
> just make a similar api like libmpcodecs/libao2/libvo
yes

> you know arpi, i'm interested in working shared object plugins,
> it will be easy after cleaning up the api.
> Btw, is it needed for demuxers too to make shared objects of them? ;)
no

> (also this shared object thingie is only an option - mplayer will still
> compile static!)
of course

> > 5. implement muxer layer [al3x]
> >
> > - design new api, convert aviwrite to use it
> > - write mpeg ps muxer
> > - write quicktime muxer
> after release, but this hasn't got so high priority (stands after libvo)
and depends on donations offered :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team