[MPlayer-dev-eng] life after the 0.90 release...

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon May 27 18:44:58 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > 2. cleanup libvo  [Pontscho, ???]

> > - add mpi (draw_image) support to main vo drivers, remove old
> > draw_slice/draw_frame

> Could there be call after frame is decoded? Like
> VOCTRL_FRAME_RENDER_COMPLETE. To allow background transfer/(stretch)blit
> of buffer as preparation for osd drawing and flip.

it's already implemented - if you implement draw_image control, it will be
always called when the decoding is finished. it is the new way, it will
obsolete draw_frame/draw_slice

> > 8. sub/osd fonts
> >
> > - support for libft2-supported fonts (ttf,etc)
> >   and generate font table+bitmap at mplayer startup
> > - color subtitles?
> > - subtitle bitmap cacheing?
> >
> > Comments? :)
>
> Following comments are maybe obsolente (I saw some code for OSD but
> didn't found vo driver using it)
>
> Support for color keying - subtitles can be drawn into another surface.
> This is possible with current api, but there are still some issues.
> -> export bouncing boxes to vo_driver - in current state vo_driver
> doesn't know them and cleaning whole surface is not good solution -
> common code wellcome (I think already at least partly implemented - is
> there any example / doc?)
it is implemented, see vf_expand for example. also check sub.c|h, there are
functions to query sub change, and there is a func to clear previously drawn
areas instead of drawing.

>     Or make some callback stuff which will for each bbox call vo_driver
> cleaning rutine.
it is done. rtfs vf_expand.c

> ->maybe it would be good to remember osd state for last 2 or 3 frames -
> in double/triple buffering are buffers constanty reused so if we have
> buffer 2/3 frames old we will be able to do just update instead of
> drawing whole OSD.
hmm
it is not simple to implement.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team