[MPlayer-dev-eng] life after the 0.90 release...

Jiri Svoboda jiri.svoboda at seznam.cz
Mon May 27 18:27:57 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > Could there be call after frame is decoded? Like
> > VOCTRL_FRAME_RENDER_COMPLETE. To allow background
> > transfer/(stretch)blit of buffer as preparation for osd drawing and
> > flip.
> flip_page is (was?) for that prupose
NO. Flip is called to display image.

I mean that I would like perform some operation after receing decoded
frame but before drawing OSD and flip.
Today draw_slice/frame/dr is called/performen than draw_osd and finally
flip.
Using draw_osd for this detection is not good solution (in my opinion),
because is not designed for that purpose.

Why I wont this? For hw scaling (like -vop expand) So I need decoded
frame on which I perform stretchblit (hw scaling) into video backbuffer.
Than osd will be drawn directly into video backbuffer over already
scaled image - not like now, when osd is scaled too.

				JS