[MPlayer-dev-eng] life after the 0.90 release...

Alex Beregszaszi alex at naxine.org
Mon May 27 18:16:42 CEST 2002

Hi,

> - common code for fbdev based driver (mode siwtching, etc)
nice, but is anyone using fbdev yet?

> > 3. move audio encoders & filters to libmpcodecs [al3x, Anders, me]
> - support for hw audio decoding ?
> With the current audio decoding system we loose packet boundaries making
> hw decoding almost impossible.
hm? current system handles only pcm (and ac3) output
what do you mean as hw audio decoding? (ac3 decoding is supported, i think)

> > 4. demuxer api changes, transfer demuxer modules to plugins [me, albeu?]
>
> > - add support for demuxing more than one audio/video/sub streams,
> >   required for mencoder to convert multilanguage etc files
> Would be nice to have support for non-spu subtitles. Ogg alredy support this and some
> other upcoming format plan such feature also.
> Imho it would be better to have all subtitles reader at this level if possible, so we can
> also mux them.
you mean to store only text subtitles? (recognize spu pictures as text?)

> > - better support for dvdnav
> Including hw support ? At least the dxr2 have such a thing, don't know about other hw.
hw dvdnav support? dxr2? nice.

> > - color subtitles?
i would like to have this ;)

> - support for some other attribute like bold,italic and so on ?
if libfreetype2 can handle it, than it's possible

> 9. Other stuff.
> - More sws output format, the big missing one is Y8 :)
why do you need Y8? it's grayscale, is it?

-
alex