[MPlayer-dev-eng] PATCH: refcounting for demux_packet_t

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun May 26 00:15:16 CEST 2002

Hi,

> finally I have my raw dv support working, but still with a quite old (end of
>
> february) version of mplayer, I still have to port it to a current version
> somewhen.
>
> Well, here is the first part, reference counting for demux_packet_t, so that
> the fat dv stream doesn't have to be copied twice through mplayer.
> It introduces a new function
>
> demux_packet_t clone_demux_packet(demux_packet_t *p);

ok, patch applied to CVS, wiht some modification and simplification.
the main change i made is that cloning packet in ds_fill_buffer was
unneeded, so i've removed that and also the packet freeing at the end.

i've also renamed ds->buffer_ref to ds->current, imho it's better name

i couldn't test the cloning stuff, tell me if it doens't work, but i see no
reason, it must work :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team