[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] mp3 decode crash

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Fri May 24 22:17:05 CEST 2002

Hi Felix Buenemann,

on Fri, 24 May 2002 21:45:16 +0200 you wrote:

> On Tuesday 21 May 2002 07:14, Joey Parrish wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > While decoding mp3s, MPlayer crashed. My MPlayer source is
> > updated to the latest CVS (20 May 2002) and it still crashes.
> > Attached below is the verbose output of MPlayer and a gdb backtrace.
> > The file that caused this crash can be found at
> > http://joey.yunamusic.com/maul.mp3 (132kb)
> look at output:
> Blocktype == 0 and window-switching == 1 not allowed.
>
> I think it's what causes the porb...

When I use mplayer to listen mp3 stream and have this msg sometimes, but it usally
don't lead to any crash.
In my case I think it come from network errors or smthg like that. I also had
a few crash, and all where in decode audio but I still wasn't able to catch one in gdb :(
Anyway this file also lead to sig11 here. So here is the gdb trace as it don't crash at the
same point. The file is buggy but xmms and mpg123 play it without any crash.

My box is a slackware 8.0 with a few updates running on a K6-2 (MMX + 3DNow)

Kernel : 2.4.17
Glibc : 2.2.3
GCC : 2.95.3
LD : GNU ld version 2.11.90.0.19 (with BFD 2.11.90.0.19)
AS : GNU assembler 2.11.90.0.19

	Albeu