[MPlayer-dev-eng] cygwin/mingw win32 port?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri May 24 06:27:57 CEST 2002

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 02:40:57AM +0200, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> On Friday 24 May 2002 00:50, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> > >
> > > IIRC SDL redirects stdout/stderr to a file called 'stdout.txt' or
> > > something similiar.
> >
> > Right. Which is good for newbie-friendly games for windows, etc., but
> > BAD for porting unix programs!
>
> heh?? I have stderr and stdout on my cygwin bash prompt....

Yeah, but the precompiled mingw one kills them to a dumb file. Last I
checked, you had to specify a option to configure at compiletime to
disable that behavior.

On the other hand, it might just be that mplayer.c doesn't include the
stupid SDL header that mangles main() to redirect it from its own
startup handler, if you're just talking about mplayer.

Rich