[MPlayer-dev-eng] cygwin/mingw win32 port?

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 23 02:19:43 CEST 2002

On Friday 17 May 2002 22:10, Joey Parrish wrote:
> On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 01:41:39PM -0500, Joey Parrish wrote:
> > Has anyone gotten any good results trying to compile
> > MPlayer under cygwin or mingw?
> >
> > So far I've gotten video output using SDL and OSS audio
> > I had to disable MMX due to crashes in mp3 decoding.
> > A proper bug report will be sent in ...
>
> Nevermind.  I'm not sure what I'm doing different this time,
> but I'm no longer seeing crashes.  Chalk it up to user stupidity.

The crashes should be caused by several mp3lib functions calls not using
STDCALL calling conventions as this leaded to undefined symbols at link time,
if you can fix it send a patch. For now -vc ffmp3 should slways work fine.
And besides someone should code a -vo directx for hw yuv overlay, as SDLs
directx overlay stuff is very buggy.

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos