[MPlayer-dev-eng] Import of VIDIX drivers

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Wed May 22 11:29:37 CEST 2002

Hello, Arpi!

Why you don't import fixed vidix drivers?
Do you have planes to remove this technology from mplayer?
I ask it because I have planes to implement bus mastering
as next step of decoding speedup (after finding or implementing
some dha_helper for linux ;) but this feature is useless
in single-thread decoding since speed of dma transfer ~= speed
of CPU transfer and only possitive effect from this technology
can be reached with using decoding ahead in thread-based version.
Probably it would be possible to apply some tricks for single-thread
decoding too but i don't exanime this question due motivation reasons.

Best regards! Nick