[MPlayer-dev-eng] state of realvideo?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon May 20 19:30:43 CEST 2002

Hi,

> On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 10:37:19PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > I would try to implement a dummy wrapper function set, and preload it.
> > So, it could print in/out parameters of the library functions.
> > Of course, first you have to assume it has many (10?) parameters, and then
> > you'll see with multiple runs which parameters are not parameters...
> > at leats i used this trick when tracing qtx codecs in qtplayer running in
> wine
>
> How do you see which are or are not parameters?  Also, digging through the
i can't see, just feel.
reverse engineering is not an 1:1 transformation :)

> disassembly, it looks like it uses a _huge_ number of parameters.  It
> references things in more than 100 bytes back on the stack: push
> esp, pop ebp, *use* [ebp-180].

imho, ebp-X is reference to the local variables (structs, arrays can be
big), the parameters are referenced by ebp+X

> Also, is there an easy way to figure out what the return variables are?
> And if I do get this working, there are some problems I'm not sure how to
> solve with a regular .o file.  For example, this code appears to be C++
> compiled, and looks for a reference "__pure_virtual".  I had to make a
> separate .so that defined this before dlopen would quit complaining about
> it being missing.  Putting it in my .c file didn't seem to solve it, and
> I'm not sure why.

dunno, i've never hacked c++ code.
we just can hope that the actualplugins don't use c++ stuff, if they do, it
will make our life REALLY HARD.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team