[MPlayer-dev-eng] state of realvideo?

Fredrik Kuivinen freku045 at student.liu.se
Fri May 17 22:59:56 CEST 2002

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 01:11:30PM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
> On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 09:33:02PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > objdump is very usefull, it can dump symbol tables and even disasm code.
> > myold elfdisasm is also interesting to disasm elf objects wiht symbols
>
> Okay, yeah, I've been using "nm -D", "objdump -CTd", and "readelf -sD".
> All of them basically say the same thing.  As far as finding some of the
> callbacks, I used:
>
> LD_DEBUG=files,bindings,libs realplay rv20file.rm >rv20-load.txt 2>&1
>
> And I can parse out what functions the .so's are using inside realplay.
>
> Figuring out function parameters and return values is the next trick.  I
> think I've seen some elf disassemblers that'll try to reconstruct that.
> If not, I think the parameter sizes can at least be seen from the stack
> usage in the disassembly.

Have you tried 'ltrace'? It traces calls to functions in .so files,
it is similiar to what strace does with syscalls (strace is much
better when it comes to parsing arguments though).

One really good disassembler is 'IDA' or "Interactive Disassembler"
(http://www.datarescue.com/idabase/) unfourtunatly it is only
available for windows (AFAIK) and the newset version isn't free.
An old version of IDA is available for free though, google will find
it. It also works without problems in vmware.

/ Fredrik