[MPlayer-dev-eng] state of realvideo?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri May 17 21:33:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 02:35:15AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > the main work is building an api interface, implementing teh callback
> > functions for codecs (if any), and get it work :)
>
> Are there any good examples of how to analyze a .so to uncover the
> functions, structures, etc?  nm, readelf, and ltrace have been sort of
> useful so far.  I think I need to read a little more...

objdump is very usefull, it can dump symbol tables and even disasm code.
myold elfdisasm is also interesting to disasm elf objects wiht symbols

you can also check the realmedia SDK, downlaodable from mphq ftp, tech-doc/
or so, or from real.com with some registration. anywya it's useless, at
least for first look it has no lowlevel headers.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team