[MPlayer-dev-eng] state of realvideo?

Kees Cook mplayer at outflux.net
Fri May 17 02:17:34 CEST 2002

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 02:09:10AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> once, a xine guy said he will implement support for *.so plugins, but
> he lost all of his interest while implementing .rm demuxer for xine...
> (if once xine has such code - we could steal^H^H^H^H^Hport it :))
>
> are you interested in working on that?

Hmmm.  I think I could learn a lot while doing it.  I'd be slow, but as
long as no one else is doing it, no problem.  :)  My trouble is that I
don't know much about what is needed on the MPlayer side as far as making
frames available, etc.  Would looking at the xanim stuff give me a good
starting point?

And then I'd have to examine the realplayer .so's....  There sure are a
lot of them.  :)

/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs/14_4.so.6.0
/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs/28_8.so.6.0
/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs/atrc.so.6.0
/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs/cook.so.6.0
/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs/ddnt.so.6.0
/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs/dnet.so.6.0
/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs/drv1.so.6.0
/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs/drv2.so.6.0
/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs/drv3.so.6.0
/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs/dspr.so.6.0
/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs/rncolor.so.6.0
/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs/rv10.so.6.0
/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs/rv20.so.6.0
/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs/rv30.so.6.0
/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs/sipr.so.6.0