[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: OSX Port of MPlayer

Klokan Petr Pridal xpridal at informatics.muni.cz
Fri May 17 02:10:33 CEST 2002

Hi!

> > You are working on %subj%, aren't you?

So I tried it. It really run.

Because my friends want it, I made binary install packages and publish them.
I also made some Cocoa application for starting mplayer without Terminal.

This is published and discribed on my homepage http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xpridal/mplayerosx/

Because mplayer is now GPL, there is no law problem with publishing binary versions... Please remove warnings from DOCS.

If main developer want, I can work on official binaries of mplayer for mac.

There is no problem to compile better version (with supported gui, X11 output). I didn't make it bacause my friends don't need it. I have experiences from working on ppc linux - compiling XFree from CVS, patching kernel and so on...

> However I couldn't test any of this as I compiled via remoteshell on the
> sourceforge compilefarm.

Aha. I'm lucky owner of one G4-mac, so I can help...
But I use mainly Linux on that computer.

There are some problems where changing mode from fullscreen (which is default) to window mode with the libSDL. I will send exact crash log. If I will have time I can look at It also.

Klokan
--
 (\_/)    Klokan Petr Pridal
 (] [) _  mailto:klokan at seznam.cz