[MPlayer-dev-eng] Documentation

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu May 16 09:51:48 CEST 2002

Oliver Newland writes:
 > I would be interested in helping out with some of the grammatical problems in
 > the documentation. Is there a certain person or address I should e-mail with
 > corrections or somebody I should talk to on #mplayer?

I have been doing just that for the past weeks/months with a lot of
help from Nilmoni Deb.  You are welcome to join the club.

First off - what language are you talking about?  English?  The
Russian and Spanish translations have recently gone unmaintained and
could use a new home.  Gabucino is the official maintainer of the
(English and Hungarian) documentation.  You have to adhere to his HTML
style, as cosmetic changes are not welcome here.

First of all read through DOCS/tech/patches.txt if you haven't already
as it explains how to create acceptable patches.  Next choose a part
of the documentation and start working.  I suggest that you send it to
me and/or Nilmoni Deb for review, that has been working great betweeen
the two of us.  Then send a proper patch to this list.

The following files have already been reworked and should be in an
acceptable state, but further improvements are always welcome:

bugreports.html
codecs.html
faq.html
formats.html
sound.html
users_against_developers.html

If you have further questions, please ask.  I will also be glad to
assist you in private with any problems you might have.
Regards

Diego