[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: vidix for ATI Rage128

Hans-Peter Raschke Hans-Peter.Raschke at Wintermann-DatenService.de
Wed May 15 11:30:36 CEST 2002

Felix Buenemann wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 May 2002 18:17, Tobias Diedrich wrote:
>
>>Hans-Peter Raschke wrote:
>>
>>>is it possible to apply the patch for ATI Rage128 cards posted by Daniel
>>>Moreno (2002-05-03). For me it solves the problems with my XPert 2000
>>>and it seems to break nothing.
>>
>>I second that.
>>The patch solves the "hang at init" problem with my XPert 2000 too (Rage
>>128 Pro).
>
> IMHO from what I remember that patch should be reworked as Attila fixed
> (hoepfully) the problem with colorkeying, which was disabled in that patch,
> after that I think it's ok to apply it.

I think colorkeying is only disabled for Non-Radeon Cards? But the
problem is that the current vidix-driver is not useable for the
mentioned ATI-Cards and there are no alternatives.

mfg HP