[MPlayer-dev-eng] [ANNOUNCE] MPlayer 0.90pre3 RPM packages available

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Mon May 13 01:25:00 CEST 2002

On Monday, 13 May 2002, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > and one for k6 arch?
> >
> > I guess it is theoretically possible, but there's no k6 arch as such in
> > RedHat's default RPM configuration. K6 users can use the i586 version.
>
> there is 15-20% difference in speed between -march=k6 -mcpu=k6 and -mpentium
> binaries ;(
> so, you should make k6 rpm...

OK, I'll get on to it, then. AFAIK -mcpu is redundant if you specify -march,
and -mpentium is equivalent to -march=i586. I think I'll make them appear
as if they are i586 arch, but they will be compiled for K6. That way the user
won't have to make any changes to his rpm config.

> anyway the URL to your page has been moved to the main download table :)

So I see.
BTW: I've fixed my source package that is used to build mga_vid driver, so
that it now builds and installs without errors on both RedHat and Mandrake,
but the only person that contacted me so far still has problems using it.
He says insmod fails with:
  [root at localhost taikku]# insmod mga_vid
  Using /lib/modules/2.4.18-6mdk/kernel/drivers/char/mga_vid.o.gz
  /lib/modules/2.4.18-6mdk/kernel/drivers/char/mga_vid.o.gz:
  init_module: Input/output error
  Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
  including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

I told him to send me "strace modprobe mga_vid" output, but I'm not holding
my breath about its revealing something useful.

--
MPlayer RPMs: http://msp-190.man.olsztyn.pl/~dominik/mplayer.html
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann(at)rangers.eu.org>