[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: XScreenSaver Extension

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat May 11 13:35:08 CEST 2002

Hi,

> If I understand the source (libvo/vo_sdl.c, libvo/x11_common.c) correctly
> the screensaver feature is specific to vo x11 and sdl, right?
> I use vo=xv. And that seems to be a common choice too.
>
> Is my build/setup broken? Are there plans to bring screensaver
> support to xv if not?

sdl does everything in its own way, forget it

x11_common has some function to en/disable screensaver and dpms
afaik they are called fro X drivers (x11,xv,xmga,xvidix,dga,gl/gl2)
maybe it is not true any more, maybe some lines deleted. check if
vo_xv still uses these functions, and if not, add teh call and send patch

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team