[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: XScreenSaver Extension

Christian Zuckschwerdt zany at triq.net
Sat May 11 02:03:05 CEST 2002

Hi,

Diego Biurrun writes:
> Very interesting, because it has never worked for me.  Is it supposed
> to be activated somehow or should it work automatically?  There is
> nothing in the docs about it, just a credit:

While grep'ing mplayer's code the other day I found no evidence of such a
function. Ok I obviously missed the line in the docs. Like Diego says it's
not working out-of-the-box, though.

If I understand the source (libvo/vo_sdl.c, libvo/x11_common.c) correctly
the screensaver feature is specific to vo x11 and sdl, right?
I use vo=xv. And that seems to be a common choice too.

Is my build/setup broken? Are there plans to bring screensaver
support to xv if not?

  cu.
    :
    Christian