[MPlayer-dev-eng] WM detection

Nilmoni Deb ndeb at ece.cmu.edu
Fri May 10 17:57:39 CEST 2002

Arpi,
	It doesn't address the 3rd issue which means the main problem of
borderless window is still not solved by my patch. I wanted to get the
monor issues out of the way first.

Pontscho,
	In my case XCheckWindowEvent was not generating any event with
the _KDE_ string in it. So I tried XNextEvent which did the job. But that
may be a matter of luck. For u its the opposite. Its like a trial and
error situation (a bad approach I chose). But please make sure that the
memory leaks are removed. Also, I am not sure how the user will change wm
while running mplayer but assuming thats possible, isn't it wiser to reuse
vo_wm_detect function instead of copying the same code ? Obviously, for
that u will need to modify vo_wm_detect somewhat (make it single loop
instead of 25 loops and use the iterations outside of the function).
Its clear that for wm detection u need enough events so that the keyword
_KDE_ gets caught and thats where things go out of mplayer's control.

All,
	Talking of SDL, this seems to be the most well behaved driver with
no fullscreen issues, not even the one mentioned in:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2002-May/007753.html

thanks
- Nil