[MPlayer-dev-eng] Gui colors problems on big-endian hosts

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Tue May 7 16:12:18 CEST 2002

Hi devs,

I compiled mplayer-0.90.pre3 with gui today, and saw that the GUI colors
were messed up on my PPC.

Here's a little patch to correct it. It applies to Gui/bitmap/bitmap.c.
Notes:
- the patch has been tested with the default skin, I don't know what would
happen with a 32bpp skin. If you point me to such a skin, I'll test.
- the patch does not correct color mixup when X is in 16bpp mode, only 24
(and my mach64 driver doesn't handle 32bpp so I don't know :-/). There are
probably more endianness problems in 16bpp, as xv mixes color too in this
mode.
- feel free to tell if it's a gore hack :)

cheers,
--
Colin
http://www.geekounet.org/