[MPlayer-dev-eng] docs: users-against-developers versus gcc-2.96-3.0

Nilmoni Deb ndeb at ece.cmu.edu
Mon May 6 04:53:03 CEST 2002

Diego,
	Arpi is right on. I learnt it the hard way. Take
a look at the post (and its predecessors) ->
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2002-May/014197.html

I had a fsmode=1 in my config. That worked fine until mplayer became
more WM aware and then all hell broke loose. The fsmode option is
causing more harm than good currently.

thanks
- Nil

> ???
>
> What is supposed to be used then, if fullscreen mode does not work
properly
> with -fs?  And what breaks?

then report it a sbug, including -v log, exact wm version etc
the current code should work with all wms, at least tested with kde3, mwm,
icewm and some others

-fsmode enables some spec flags fo rthe window, may causing it
nonresponsible or the decoration cannot be recovered after resize...

> We could still recommend WMs that are known to work or denounce those
that
> are known to have problems (icewm, sawfish).
dunno
it works at least with mwm.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team