[MPlayer-dev-eng] docs: users-against-developers versus gcc-2.96-3.0

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun May 5 21:34:52 CEST 2002

> > > combination works, then we could put a table with the results in the doc
> s,
> > > so that people need to experiment less with the -fsmode switch.
> > > I use sawfish + GNOME with -fsmode 8.
> >
> > -fsmode should NOT be used, it breaks many things
>
> ???
>
> What is supposed to be used then, if fullscreen mode does not work properly
> with -fs?  And what breaks?

then report it a sbug, including -v log, exact wm version etc
the current code should work with all wms, at least tested with kde3, mwm,
icewm and some others

-fsmode enables some spec flags fo rthe window, may causing it
nonresponsible or the decoration cannot be recovered after resize...

> We could still recommend WMs that are known to work or denounce those that
> are known to have problems (icewm, sawfish).
dunno
it works at least with mwm.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team