[MPlayer-dev-eng] Dutch Translation

Fredrik Kuivinen freku045 at student.liu.se
Sun May 5 01:31:58 CEST 2002

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 10:27:45AM +0200, Anders Rune Jensen wrote:
> Nope not entirely correct. The gettext thingy that grabs strings to a
> master translate file doesn't work with our mp_msg system. Therefor
> I've been trying to build a perl script that does that. It's about
> half finished, still some bugs, but I havn't had much time to work on
> it. Sorry.
>
> What works with gettext is the mp_gettext("something"), unfortuanatly
> we have only about 3 of those or so :)
>
> I'll look into it and see if I can't get a masterfile working.

Here is the solution to this problem:

xgettext can do it. It isn't documented very well (debians man pages
don't mention it and the documentation on www.gnu.org don't mention
it.).

http://www.cise.ufl.edu/depot/doc/gettext/gettext_4.html
describes it though (read about the --keyword option) and the info
pages has it too.

Basically just run

xgettext --keyword=mp_msg:3 --output=/tmp/foo mplayer.c

and a file with the desired strings will be generated.

/ Fredrik