[MPlayer-dev-eng] Dutch Translation

Anders Rune Jensen anders at gnulinux.dk
Sat May 4 19:36:13 CEST 2002

Fredrik Kuivinen <freku045 at student.liu.se> writes:

> On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 10:27:45AM +0200, Anders Rune Jensen wrote:
> > oliver <oliver at are-b.org> writes:

> > Nope not entirely correct. The gettext thingy that grabs strings to a
> > master translate file doesn't work with our mp_msg system. Therefor
> > I've been trying to build a perl script that does that. It's about
> > half finished, still some bugs, but I havn't had much time to work on
> > it. Sorry.
> >

> Isn't it easier to modify the xgettext program instead?

I wouldn't think so. It's implemention is very very simple. It can
only get this kind of strings: something("translate_me");

Perl is much better to match strings. It should be possible to build a
script that works with our mp_msg system.

Arpi: The problem is matching the strings inside the c source not in
the mp_msg, so that xgettext can generate a master file. This
masterfile is then used to generate translations.

--
Anders Rune Jensen
jabber: superduck at myjabber.net | email : anders at gnulinux.dk