[Fwd: Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] mailerdaemon problem?]

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri May 3 18:00:31 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Hm, I paired up the headers below.  It's the same Message ID, and every
> received point is identical.  Even the final delivery point has the same
> time and ID.

Yep, i found the same.
Anyway he is not the only one with this problem, this is the reason of not
refusing by default :)

I also know, that in some rare case, teh sender MTA thinks a transaction
failed while it was erally success, but it resends it later again (and
again...). But in such cases, date/time differs in received: lines.

I also suspect a bug in mailman - there are ppl who cannot post to a given
list while they can post to another list on the same server. Mailman has 2
mode to do smtp stuff:
- using sendmaild irectly with popen - not recommended by mailman docs
- sending smtp to localhost:25 (configurable) and let the MTA to do it.
in later case, you can limit how many addersses can be used in a single
transaction, and how many threads can run in parallel to do these.
I've experienced with these values before switching to qmail, to speed up
lists, without success, but i forgot to reset values to their orig. value.
Now I did it, hope it solves the problem :)

Anyway I really don't know why ppl likes mailman so much - i found it a
messy buggy code... at least compared to some other small such projects.

> Which leads me to the question: what do you use to filter your email?  Is
> it possible you've got a sneaky "c" flag in a procmail rule somewhere?
It is also possible

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team