[MPlayer-dev-eng] v4l audio?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri May 3 08:12:56 CEST 2002

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 07:52:12AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Alex, why on earth did you disabled audio in tvi_v4l.c? It was working
> > perfectly for me.
>
> then you're alone with that

Hm? What goes wrong with it for other people? Of course there will be
troubles if you enabled audio capture in mplayer, since it'll be
trying to record and playback the sound at the same time -- for me
(without a full duplex soundcard) it just seems to lock mplayer, and I
imagine even with duplex it'd sound weird. But for recording with
mencoder, it seems fine. When using it with mplayer, users should just
specify noaudio in the tv options.

Are there other problems for some users that I'm just not seeing?

Rich