[MPlayer-dev-eng] sig11 in -vo x11 - probably bug in SwScaler

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Mar 31 16:32:33 CEST 2002

Hi

On Sunday 31 March 2002 12:37, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've reported it already earlier, that -vo x11 randomly crashes when
> resizing window (keep pressing key 'f' for few seconds - easiest way to
> reproduce here).
pressed for 2 minutes ... no crash :(

> Now, while tracing a bug in RLE codec, i've got reproducable sig11 again,
> now with no scaling but in the scaler doing 24->32bpp bgr conversion.
> It seems that in 24bpp modes it reads more than the allocated image, maybe
> reads few bytes (lines?) too lot.
the 24->32 code does allways read 1 byte too much (last bgr is read as
32-bit) but if the width %8 != 0 than it would read more over the end, i can
fix that but there would be a small performance loss (0.?%) as we must do the
last 8 pixels in C, isnt it easier too allocate a larger buffer? and if it
reads a line too much than thats a serious bug ...

[...]

Michael