[MPlayer-dev-eng] Removing Files

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Sat Mar 30 23:48:14 CET 2002

On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Arpi wrote:

> huh...
> what about your great common adpcm core?

	Nah, wasn't that great...:)

> it seems you broke it down to 3 codecs and duplicated common parts?

	QT IMA, MS IMA, and DK4 all follow precisely the same
algorithm. They just encode their nibbles and initial predictors and step
indices differently. They all belong together in the same file. DK3 is a
different algorithm. MS ADPCM is a *much* different algorithm.

	Yeah, I duplicated a bunch of macros between the 3 files and I
might go back and combine those. But they're not specific to ADPCM,
necessarily. Mostly, they're clamping (used a lot in audio decoding) and
sign extension macros. Then there are the step and index tables that I had
to duplicate for 2 of the files. Otherwise, all the decoders are pretty
unique.

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson