[MPlayer-dev-eng] Tiny problem with latest codecs.conf

Rik Snel rsnel at cube.dyndns.org
Fri Mar 29 11:33:01 CET 2002

Hello David,

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, David Holm wrote:
> I noticed that ffdivx/ffodivx is the default divx decoder with latest
> mplayer codecs.conf.
> There is just a tiny problem with this, when using avcodec to encode
> mpeg1 for dxr3 while also using it to decode a movie produces
> unwatchable output. It works as long as you switch to fame, but avcodec
> is the default as it generates better output.
> There should be a way for mplayer to disable avcodec support if using
> avcodec to encode the output...
You can probably solve this problem by skipping the avcodec_init() if
libavcodec already is initialized. libavcodec can't handle double
initialisations. See line 298 in jpeg_enc.c for the way I check if
libavcodec needs to be initialized.

Greetings,

Rik.

--------
Nothing is ever a total loss; it can always serve as a bad example.