[MPlayer-dev-eng] Video plugin layer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Mar 25 19:42:08 CET 2002

Hi,

> > [snip]
> > >
> > > Comments? Should I commit this?
> > haven't checked the code, but sounds interesting, feel free to commit
> > it.
ehh...

> I was under the impression that this was supposed to be implemented
> through postproc, NOT as a fake vo driver. IMO this should at least
> wait for Arpi's approval before being committed.

I don't like it but have no time to make it better, so dunno.
I imagined the video filter layer implemented iside libmpcodecs.
these filters would get an mp_image_t structure as input and request a
destination one using get_image() then convert it.
it would allow simple transforms liek flip, crop, extend as modification of
few fields of the struct, without doing memcpy. it also should do the
scaling/colorspace conversion/postprocessing job. someone already working
on virtualdub plugin support for mplayer/mencoder but needs a good interface.

We need it to be in libmpcodecs to be usable with mencoder too.
But currently, as a big hack, mencoder emulates itself as being libvo driver
:) so with the current "design" of mencoder it would work...

So, the best thing would be building teh filter layer into libmpcodecs, as
planned. If it's not possible (no volunteers) then commit this libvo hack.
Note that -aop stuff will be soon moved to audio filter layer, it's already
designed by alex and anders.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team