[MPlayer-dev-eng] vo_vesa refresh

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 25 18:22:21 CET 2002

Am Mon, 2002-03-25 um 13.05 schrieb Rudolf Marek:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a owner of RIVA 128ZX, which makes me big trouble...
> So I'm using mplayer with vo_svga, which is slower than vo_vesa
> but vo_vesa didnt have the refresh rate support. In the middle of movie
> (60Hz sucks) I decided to write the support for refresh control into
> vo_vesa driver.
>
> I grabbed the gtfcalc from svgalib na quickly hacked together with that
> driver. It is from Sci-tech but the licence is compatible with GPL (hope
> so)

I don't like the patch, because:
- it adds files with non gpl license
- files are ms-dos formatted (wrong linebreaks)
- files are huge, to do very small thing

To work around this you should look at the scitech code and write you
own minimal implementation without 3 pages of comments.

Btw. for negotiating monitor timing you could look at vesa ddc (check
www.vesa.org).

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos