[MPlayer-dev-eng] vo_vesa refresh

Rudolf Marek MAREKR2 at cs.felk.cvut.cz
Mon Mar 25 13:05:22 CET 2002

Hello,

I'm a owner of RIVA 128ZX, which makes me big trouble...
So I'm using mplayer with vo_svga, which is slower than vo_vesa
but vo_vesa didnt have the refresh rate support. In the middle of movie
(60Hz sucks) I decided to write the support for refresh control into
vo_vesa driver.

I grabbed the gtfcalc from svgalib na quickly hacked together with that
driver. It is from Sci-tech but the licence is compatible with GPL (hope
so)

The patch against CVS 20020322 is at http://ruik.sh.cvut.cz/patch.vesa

It supports doublescan and nothing else now. The refresh value is
hardcoded. I know this is bad but maybe you should have some Ideas how to
implement the options  - also for monitor limits.

The patch itself is quick hack to make it work together I'm not
considering you will use it but maybe we can discuss what it should
support etc...

regards

	Rudolf

PS: mplayer is very good thing - thank you