[MPlayer-dev-eng] proposed new codecs.conf [Re: new video codec selection code]

Juan J. Sierralta P. juanjo at atmlab.utfsm.cl
Wed Mar 20 19:02:08 CET 2002

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 08:31, Daniel Egger wrote:
> Am Mit, 2002-03-20 um 04.35 schrieb Juan J. Sierralta P.:
>
> > 	Oops. I just tried ffmpeg12 on MPlayer, just playing some decrypteds
> > VOB and it just segfaults (both last CVS). Indeed it plays a few frames
> > and then segfaults. I can bet its the telecine patch on mpeg12.c. But
> > the only change I made was to repeat the field if it was signaled on the
> > stream and actually that solved mpeg2 decoding on ffmpeg.
>
> For what it's worth I see the same problem but only with encrypted
> DVDs. :/

	Actually is for streams that have repeat_first_field signaled. The
problems is that ffmpeg12 honours this but there is a little bug, but
also libmpdemux honours this, so I don't know what would be the best
solution. Probably not repeat the frame but just only signal it so each
player makes its decisions.
	BTW, I have A/V sync problems playing VOBs with both libmpeg2 and
ffmpeg12, it seems that libmpdemux doens't honours the initial delay. In
case of some DVDs these are 99ms so If I used -delay it worked just
fine.

--
Juanjo sin .sig :(