[MPlayer-dev-eng] DXR3 and aspect ratio

Marcel Hild hild at b4mad.net
Wed Mar 20 18:57:18 CET 2002

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 10:10:52PM +0100, David Holm wrote:
> Marcel Hild wrote:
> >gone. Lets say my divx file is at 704x304, then i give mplayer
> >a -monitoraspect 704:304 ...
> >
> In the old days (mplayer 0.60 and a few weeks after) this was the
> default and non-changable setting of the device.
> Alot of users complained that it was too slow, so after some discussions
> on the mailinglist I put in the software scaler which tries to find a
> nice resolution close to the mpeg1 standard resolution.

hmm, though i dont understand the internals, i dont see where you set
the monitoraspect in your code (a grep shows only libvo/aspect.c sets
it). And i am experiencing no performance loss when i set the ratio, but
i see a good loss of jitter :)
now, can't you set monitor_aspect from vo_dxr3 (unless its specified)?

or, maybe i'm completly wrong and should just shut up :)

cheers
 marcel
--
Marcel Hild <hild at b4mad.net>