[MPlayer-dev-eng] configure issue

Alex Beregszaszi alex at naxine.org
Wed Mar 20 18:14:47 CET 2002

Hi,

i'm trying to install FAAD (with success, also 'make install' didn't copied
faad.h to the includes dir). The package installed everything to /usr/local/.

(eof offtopic)

Finally i added a dummy function call to the configure test, to check
if library is installed too (not only headers).

It works right, but, as it's placed to /usr/local/ and it isn't in my
environment path, ldd returns with libfaad.so.0 => not found. (hmm, but gcc
knows /usr/local, as it linked the binary)

Shouldn't we check ldd's output too? I mean ldd $file | grep 'not found',
if returned string isn't empty we should write a message or only set
configure test to no (disable) and/or add a configure switch for this.

We can gain some bugreports if mplayer will be linked but cannot be started
becouse of libraries in unknown path. Or is my case very very special?
Or simply i'm lame? (NO ;)

-
alex