[MPlayer-dev-eng] proposed new codecs.conf

Daniel Egger degger at fhm.edu
Wed Mar 20 13:18:38 CET 2002

Am Mon, 2002-03-18 um 20.58 schrieb D Richard Felker III:

> That is definitely not the issue at hand on my end. I ensure that the
> drive does not spin down, and use mplayer's cache, so this has nothing
> to do with reading.

Well, I'm seeing it from harddisc also when reading from "exotic"
filesystems like HFS and FAT so it might be as well a bad interaction
with the OS.

> Rather it's an issue with decoding, and lack of performance for decoding.

Considering that the CPU is fast enough to decode three to eight times
the data in realtime I rather doubt that it is the decoding itself. That
seems to be more like a broken data feed issue either because there's
not enough raw data in cache or the demuxer do not supply enough data
in one chunk which leads to latencies.

--
Servus,
       Daniel