[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Very strange fame behaviour...

Vivien Chappelier vivien.chappelier at enst-bretagne.fr
Wed Mar 20 07:23:44 CET 2002

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, David Holm wrote:

> Hi,

> It never goes back to the normal state either, once it's transformed you
> have to kill mplayer and restart.
>
> Have anyone got any clues to why this happens, or do I have to subscribe
> to some fame mailinglist?

I don't have any precise idea, but maybe this is due to a bug in the
pmvfast algorithm in version 0.8.9 (fixed on current CVS) or maybe new
rate control algorithms.

> BTW, these are the settings I'm using:
>         fame_params.width = s_width;
>         fame_params.height = s_height;
>         fame_params.coding = "IPPPPPPP";
>         fame_params.quality = 90;
>         fame_params.bitrate = 6e6;

Can you try setting fame_params.bitrate = 0?

>         fame_params.slices_per_frame = 1;
>         fame_params.frames_per_sequence = 8;

Why do you set it to 8? Can you try leaving it to the default value?
(0xffffffff)

>         fame_params.shape_quality = 100;
>         fame_params.search_range = 1;

1 is very small. You should try larger search_range anyway..

>         fame_params.verbose = 0;
>         fame_params.profile = NULL;
>
> Ah, and yes, if I change the coding to I-frames only it works perfectly...

Ok, can you also try using different motion estimation algorithms?
Add this code between the call to fame_open and the call to fame_init:
{
        fame_object_t *object;

	object = fame_get_object(fc, "motion/none");
	fame_register(fc, "motion", object);
}

You can also try with the "motion/fourstep" estimation algorithm.

regards,
Vivien Chappelier.