[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: MplayerXP vs Mplayer. Hall of truth.

Tobias Diedrich td at informatik.uni-hannover.de
Tue Mar 19 19:33:52 CET 2002

Nick Kurshev wrote:
> mplayer's package contains dominated number of sources which have no licence at all
> (include core of player and its integral parts).

IANAL, but IMHO:

Just because the license is not stated in the source files does not mean
"it has no license at all so I can do whatever I want".
I'd rather take this to mean you have to negotiate with the writer of
the code the terms on which it may be licensed. After all the writer
still has the copyright unless he explicitly chooses to make it public
domain.

--
Tobias								PGP: 0x9AC7E0BC