[MPlayer-dev-eng] english documentation maintaining

Gabucino gabucino at mplayer.dev.hu
Tue Mar 19 15:14:32 CET 2002

Arpi didn't RTFM :
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > If you agree, don't write a mail suggesting if you checked my grammar you'd
> > have found much more bugs, and I'm Evil(tm) anyways.
> learn to read... i said 'technical side, not grammar."
You said "only technical side, not grammar". It has a certain scent in english,
that emphasizes the grammar is also wrong, but you didn't correct those bugs.

> > > why? examples?
> > -oldpp ?
> -oldpp is obsoleted and won't work with divx4 linux
> it work only with opendivx, but it's slower and bugger than -pp
Uh-huh, now I got it.

> > Yeah, browsers surely don't break patches...
> you can download (or cat mphq:/var/lib/mailman/Archives/) mailbox containing
> mails on month basis and view with your favourite mailer
Faszom. You tend to lose sense of reality, but now you totally lost it... :(

> > > or did you filtered From:.* to /dev/null ?
> > Filtered both.
> Nice. Why don't you filter my mails too?
Because any psychoanalist pays millions for them.

> > But you told me every 5 minutes on IRC to do it. And I didn't want to write
> And you didn't do it in time.
Heh.. Just what time are you talking about? If I wrote it at once as you
told me, it would be useless flame. (I hope now it is not)

> i'll next time... i'll do everything, just go and continue rtcw...
Did your girlfriend dump you?
Don't take me for a lousy user! Do NOT direct your anger on me, I can't
stand such behaviour!

> you didn't asked a single question.
I remember last time I wanted to ask I couldn't send the question because
you told me I'm lamer, the too high bitrate at the beginning of lavc mpeg4
is intentional. It _is_ a bug, you can read it on -cvslog, if you still can
read.. So I went ideg.

> i've pointed you the mail wehre it is explained on IRC. yes, it was just a
> single line, not 3 lines. you're right.
Aha, I see it. But read it: just after you tell me where it is explained,
you start demanding newsXP ... You know where to stick your impatience.

> If I had to test RTCW every day, then i don't want to be doxmaint :)
> Anywya I never said i want to be doxmaint. I just asked if someone wants to
> do doxmaintaining while you're busy with your life.
<sigh> ...

> > I've never seen such patch. Extending patches are always applied or saved
> > for later processing.
> check it in /dev/null...
> r Haas Wernfried           2280 [MPlayer-users] the fine manual ,)
Oh fuck.. I knew you mean this one.
	a, this is not a patch
	b, THIS MAIL WAS ALREADY SAVED for later (!) checking !!
If there are deadlines, goddamn tell it! Otherwise go and code instead of
picking me with sucker problems!

> you really should learn how to use the search function...
> ----------
> With a DSSSL stylesheet you can change the way the output
> is translated to HTML and with CSS you can control the way
> the HTML is displayed.
> ----------
ROTFL.. Do you think this is exact information?? No it isn't: where is the
example on using CSS in SGML?? I don't need Egger-type hints, they don't
help at all!

Get a grip on yourself.
--($:~/mail)-- grep From: mplayer-cvslog | sort | uniq -c | sort | tail -6
     19 From: Nick Kurshev <nick at mplayer.dev.hu>
     23 From: Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu>
     35 From: Zoltan Ponekker <pontscho at mplayer.dev.hu>
     37 From: Alex Beregszaszi <alex at mplayer.dev.hu>
     67 From: Winner of tha face compo <gabucino at mplayer.dev.hu>
    126 From: Arpi of Ize <arpi at mplayer.dev.hu>

If you still think I don't maintain documentation, I don't have anything
else to say. (HINT: more people complain for example about GUI than DOCS...)

Go out and hit some little children if you have too much energy - but not me.

--
Gabucino