[MPlayer-dev-eng] english documentation maintaining

Gabucino gabucino at mplayer.dev.hu
Tue Mar 19 10:45:51 CET 2002

Arpi didn't RTFM :
> > And now I rereaded them, 90% is just cosmetics, either mine and yours is fin
> i doubt it's 90%... just different viewpoint of what cosmetics is
It is 90%. In doc maintaining, the viewpoint matters very much. The choice
is YOURS, do you want me to do it, or do _you_ want to do it.. I don't know
why my viewpoint was good for a years, until now.

> > And no matter what you state, I _DID_ update hungarian manual for it.
> cool
Not cool, but it had to be done.

> > > And I didn't touched all file, nor manpages, just documentation.html,
> > > bugreports.html and video.html, and checked only by technical side, not
> > > grammar.
> > I'm not dazzled, as your english grammar is (let's be straight) pretty bad.
> i agree, feel free to correct...
If you agree, don't write a mail suggesting if you checked my grammar you'd
have found much more bugs, and I'm Evil(tm) anyways.

> > I don't agree with some of your "technical" commits, as they usually made
> > that place harder to understand.
> why? examples?
-oldpp ?

> > Do not lie. I never refused it. You refused to explain them, and - sorry -
> > I don't know enough about codecs to invent some explanation from my head.
> Michael actually explained it well 2 days ago on the maillist, at the same
> time of commiting the changes. I even pointed the mail to you.
What? When? Just grepped for "vqmin" - a new option - but couldn't find
anything!

> > > But it doesn't matter, he really did nice work on docs in the past.
> > This is the first time you ever said that.
> And last

> > > Gabu also refused to apply Diego's text-only patches, dunno why :(
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> I didn't said 'apply these' i just shown you which mails i'm talking about
So?

> hey, you should search the original mail then
> or let's use the archive...
Yeah, browsers surely don't break patches...

> > It was procmail as Egger didn't care when I said: spare the HTML code.
> heh? it was NOT posted by Egger. it was by Diego. They aren't the same ppl.
> or did you filtered From:.* to /dev/null ?
Filtered both.

> >  - the mplayerxp news was delayed because I wanted to understand the situation
> >    better - as I explained it to you, pity you tend to forget..
> i didn't even mentioned news here...
But you told me every 5 minutes on IRC to do it. And I didn't want to write
another WarpVision news entry again. Write it yourself, if you want it so
much.

> >  - those -lavcopts were introduced yesterday - I didn't know I have to update
> >    DOCS in 0day .. anyways you still didn't explain them to me.
> you still didn't ask a single question. and the explanation is in the ML
I won't ask questions in a flame thread: it's dishonouring. The explanation
is nowhere. And you still didn't explain them. You had 2-3 days to drop
3 lines on IRC...

> >  - playing RTCW 2/3hrs a day is more entertaining than WTFMing for free,
> >    and nobody ever reads it, and the project author doesn't even keeps
> >    attention of my commits, then accuses me of not commiting.
> :)
It's not funny. You'll know that, if you wanna be doxmaint.

> > > - extend it (especially FAQ) depending on -users mailings
> > This is really wanted. Patches are welcome.
> some user sent a docs update patch few days ago to -users.
> i've never seen it in cvs back.
I've never seen such patch. Extending patches are always applied or saved
for later processing.

Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 19:16:17 +0100
From: Gabucino <gabucino at mplayer.dev.hu>

This is the mail in which I wrote about fonts, no replies here.

--
Gabucino
"I think the developers placed this bug intentionally, so the GUI won't run