[MPlayer-dev-eng] about libvo... IMPORTANT

Fredrik Kuivinen freku045 at student.liu.se
Mon Mar 18 23:58:58 CET 2002

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 12:35:08AM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> Dear libvo driver writers/maintainers! :)
>
> I'm working on reviewing/redesigning flow of init/uninit processes.
>
> In the current CVS, libvo->config() is called from libmpcodecs (from the
> codec itself) instead of mplayer. It can be called more than once, it's
> called whatever something (width/height/colorspace) changes.
>
> So, the flow of libvo calls _NOW_:
>
> 1. preinit() - once before all other calls
> 2. control() calls, especialy query_format()
> 3. config() - 0, 1, 2 or more times called

What is config supposed to return? Most (all?) libvo drivers seems to assume
that -1 is a failure and 0 is success. libmpcodecs seems to assume that 0 is a
failure and anything else is success.

When is config called zero times? And when is it called more than once? When
several files are played the order seems to be preinit, config, uninit,
(preinit?), config, ...

/ Fredrik Kuivinen