[MPlayer-dev-eng] MplayerXP vs Mplayer. Hall of truth.

Gabucino gabucino at mplayer.dev.hu
Mon Mar 18 20:09:07 CET 2002

Nick Kurshev didn't RTFM :
> > It's not only about card, it's about X driver too!
> I fixed vo_xv upto 10 buffers so version of X11 doesn't matter - you can grow it upto infinity.
Ehh. I meant the card doesn't have xv driver AT ALL.
Like s3 trio64 which is a great card for these machines.

> > It's not disputable, Arpi is right. This is why LGPL was invented.
> Disputable - did you hear about int 0x80?
I'm not sure that would stand in the court. After all, LGPL _does_ exists..

> I guess that non-GPL'ed code is not mplayer.c? :)
> It was never declared explicitly!!!
Faszom.

> Only Mike Melanson said me that his stuff is GPL'ed.
.so just said on IRC: GUI and mpng code is _not_ GPL. (under standard
"mplayer licence")

> So delaying of licence's question doesn't increase mplayer's profit at all.
Faszom. Nick, you didn't answer my question: exactly _WHAT_ do you want
to achieve with this licensing issue? MPlayer _will_ be GPL in a few days!
Do you plan WorldDominationXP(tm) until then??

--
Gabucino
"I think the developers placed this bug intentionally, so the GUI won't run