[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mplayer's licence (not a flame)

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Mon Mar 18 17:31:11 CET 2002

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Nick Kurshev wrote:

> If you are author then PLEASE tell me - could I redistribute your
> stuff under GPL v2, what can be redistributed as separated work
> (LGPL like licence), what can be redistributed in binary form, and
> other conditions?

	Yeah, you can use any file I've originated as GPL or GPLv2 or
LGPL, I guess. Whatever works for you. My originated files include:
  adpcm.c adpcm.h ducktm1.c (nothing here yet) fli.c msvidc.c qtrle.c
  qtsmc.c roqav.c roqav.h
libmpdemux/
  demux_fli.c demux_film.c demux_roq.c

> xa - strange licence (was removed)

	I looked at the xa directory recently. We use XAnim's GSM code
which is largely based on code from another codebase which has a much
looser license than XAnim. We also use XAnim's MS RLE8 decoder, but if
that really concerns you, it's really no big deal to rewrite it (I know,
so why haven't I done it yet? :).

--
	-Mike Melanson